Week 14

Dec. 9th, 2007 11:23 am
samsom: (Default)
[personal profile] samsom


Yesterday was the beginning of week 14 for my pregnancy. Um. Last week, I got to have a more detailed ultrasound. It was great, the baby, s/he moves - dancing so much inside me I just wonder why I'm not feeling it more. Flutters every now and then, but nothing solid. However, the baby looks great, two legs, two arms, everything looks normal so far as the doctor can tell. I came away with two very good pictures and one that looks like either the top of her/his head, or the belly. I can't tell.

I asked, but they couldn't if it's a boy or girl. I will know during my next appointment the beginning of Jan. Ya'll wouldn't believe my level of excitement when I go by the baby section at Target, especially the clothes. Everything is just so *cute*.

Last night hubby and I took our daughter to a local event called Vine Street Victorian Showcase. It's one street closed to traffic where all the houses try and outdo each other with Christmas lights and lawn decorations. There are crowds of people walking up and down approx thirteen blocks, hot chocolate, balloons and open containers of beer and wine, from what I saw. Scrooge standing on the balcony of one house, The Grinch at another, the Snow Queen and Frosty, Santa.

My daughter was very not interested in sitting on Santa's lap. lol. She said she'd sit in her dad's lap, but not Santa. She doesn't want to talk to Santa, so she wants to know if we'll tell him what she wants.

This girl, she's me at that age, times one thousand.

I wrote something for [livejournal.com profile] ca_atlast yesterday. If you're not a member, go on over and take a look. It's a fun prompt community for C/A fic but you don't have to write from the prompts, you can write your own, like I did.

I'm such a rebel.

Date: 2007-12-09 09:44 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] littleheaven70.livejournal.com
Happy second trimester! I'm glad your ultrasound went well. I know in New Zealand they generally wait until week 20 to check for the gender, because the earlier they do it the less accurate it is. Wow, you're feeling movement early. I remember my OB telling me not to panic if I didn't feel anything until 20 weeks. I actually did feel Griffin much earlier, because I am a teeny tiny woman, but it was amazing how quick it went from little flutters to bits of my stomach sticking out - literally about 4-5 weeks. *sigh* I miss watching his little feet poke out.

Date: 2007-12-09 10:07 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] samsom.livejournal.com
With my daughter, I went a long time before I felt her move - not those butterfly flutters because I was skeptical and attributed those to gas. But I was about twenty weeks along before I started to feel her arms and legs smooth along the inside of my uterus. She used to do something that was like a thrill ride at Disneyland - she'd shake her head back and forth rapidly, and man, what a feeling. The first time she did that after she was born I laughed my ass off.

I think everything begins to happen at twenty weeks - the sex is visible and the movements are intense. I loved pushing on the side of my belly and she'd - well, I'm not nuts - she'd push back, stick out her hand or foot. lol I can't wait to feel that again - it was the best part of the pregnancy to me, all that movement.

And you were right, most of the exhaustion seems to have evaporated with most of the sickness. Thank God. I still need to sleep about ten or so hours a night but I'm not in a stupor all day anymore, thank the baby Jesus. *Ricky Bobby*

Date: 2007-12-10 01:54 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] littleheaven70.livejournal.com
I'd do that to Griffin, too. Poke him and wait for him to poke back. He went head-down quite early, and his feet were jammed up under my right rib. I used to get some awesome alien-esque lumps protruding from there. One night I was laying on my left side, so the weight was taken off my belly and the skin was more relaxed, and Griffin stuck his foot up in the air. I swear, the side of my tummy rose about two inches. Hubby screamed "Ewwww, gross!" and ran away!

Glad you're feeling better now. Everything is so much harder to cope with when you're exhausted.

Date: 2007-12-09 10:22 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] nikkiwawa79.livejournal.com
ok, let me try, again. mid-comment, my computer shut down on me lol grrrrr!

Awwwww, about the wittle baby :) I'm glad your pregnancy is going well. The baby's nice and healthy. I can imagine how it is walking by the baby section, at Target. I get all *squee* and then the boyfriend looks at me like I'm crazy lol He WILL impregnate me, on of these days. I'm not getting any younger!

lol @ your daughter not liking to sit on Santa's lap. I was like that, too. Santa just...creeped me out when I was a kid. Totally didn't like Santa.

You are a rebel. When I saw no prompts, I laughed. I was thinking, ooooh she did her own thing ;) And, it turned out fabulous, as always ♥


Edited Date: 2007-12-09 10:24 pm (UTC)

Date: 2007-12-09 11:12 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] samsom.livejournal.com
I think that Santa is more for grown ups sometimes. I never cottoned to sitting in a stranger's lap, even if someone called him Santa so I think my daughter's got good instincts if she doesn't either. lol

And I'm going to Target later on. Maybe I'll buy some onesies, just to have that.

Date: 2007-12-10 04:38 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] kwizbit.livejournal.com
So because I'm the most sucky lj friend in the world, I don't think I ever even said congratulations on your pregnancy!

So glad to hear that s/he is healthy! You'll have to post when you find out the sex of your baby in Jan.! :)

That Christmas thing sounds like so much fun - and reminds me of a Christmas movie - I think it might have been Deck the Halls?

Also, your daughter is just like me when I was little, lol! I begged my parents to go tell Santa what I wanted for me. I wanted nothing to do with the guy. And as horrible as this may be, I remember as a little girl I would stay awake all night in fear that Santa would come in my room O_o My dad was able to put an end to that when he dressed up as Santa every year after that to run across the lawn (bag of toys and sometimes sleigh) and would go up in the attic to make hoof noises, hee! My dad is the greatest :P Christmas is so much fun!

Also, I read the Six Times fic you wrote, and I loved it!! Thanks for that cup of C/A :)

Date: 2007-12-11 01:25 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] samsom.livejournal.com
Your dad sounds so sweet doing all that so you'd believe in Santa. But I think after spending so much of the year telling our kids to be careful around strangers that we'd encourage them to sit in an old man's lap because he dresses like Santa.

Of course, I may be just a wee bit jaded.

And no worries about not mentioning the pre-baby. I'm not keeping track ;)

thanks for liking the fic. it was loads of fun to write. :D

Profile

samsom: (Default)
samsom

February 2012

S M T W T F S
   123 4
56 7 8 910 11
12 13 1415 1617 18
1920 2122 23 24 25
26272829   

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Oct. 24th, 2026 10:22 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios